Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Call Number: 140A. 1-5.

If you haven't already heard me harp on about The Sketchbook Project, this is the post for you. Basically, you sign up online (pay a small fee) and the lovely people at the Brooklyn Art Library (yes, that's in New York) send you a sketchbook for you to fill, personalise, re-create... etc. Then send it back to Brooklyn, where it gets a call number (incase you're ever in town and want to look it up!) and then all of the registered sketchbooks from around the world go on tour... around the world! And just the other day, I received a much anticipated email...


And since I had received this thrilling confirmation email, I decided to look on the "Digital Library" (an optional [paid] extra feature) to see if mine was up yet. Kids, this was one of the most deflating moments of my time. Some people are crazy talented... & it seemed that ALL of them had taken part in the Sketchbook Project. No, mine still isn't on the Digital Library, but you know what? (Hindsight #2:) Who cares. I'm freaking famous. I have some original illustrations touring the world this year.. and then after the tour, MY sketchbook, the one I created, is going to live in the Art Library in New York! YEAH! 

1 comment:

  1. you are so super duper cool! I want to go to New York just to see this.

    ReplyDelete