Sunday, February 19, 2012

Summer Bucket List

Too often, the words "not much" or "nothing exciting" follow questions of "What did you do over the holidays?"
Before she left to go overseas for three months, the best mate sat me down and made me write a list (I love that Jana is also a list maker) of things to accomplish while on holidays. 
"You'll kick yourself if you have nothing to show for the holidays except an increased knowledge of daytime T.V programs."
The list started with:
Read a book. Preferably one I haven't read before.

And then the list grew as weeks went by. There was so much I realised I wanted to do. When would be a better time to do these things than when you have nothing else to do?! So I documented it in my companion, The Sketchbook. 

Disclaimer: I thought that with a lot of people reading/judging my Sketchbook from all over the world, I would leave out a heap of things. "Go to Jamberoo" doesn't mean anything to someone reading this list in New York. So there are a lot of things on my Summer Bucket list that didn't make it into The Sketchbook. There's still a couple of things I haven't done. These have now been transferred into other lists such as "2012 Bucket List" and/or "The Bucket List". 
Side note: I still haven't been to Jamberoo.

Challenge: I dare you to make your own Bucket List. Whether it's before the year kicks the bucket, the season kicks the bucket or you kick the bucket. Do it. It's an exhilarating feeling when you get to cross something off.

Also, I'd love to hear about some cool things you've crossed off. Or even just some things that you want to cross off. Email me-
emandshano@hotmail.com
 -or simply leave a comment below. :)

(If you click on the pictures, they get bigger.)



1 comment:

  1. I made it into your summer bucket list- twice! This has made my day. I miss you and you can visit anytime!!

    ReplyDelete