Thursday, February 9, 2012

She's back?

"Well, it's about time" I hear you saying (some of you, perhaps).  No? No one? Great start. I have don't know how I stumbled upon this dusty old URL, but I felt that I had some catching up to do. And while uni holidays and unemployment has left me crippled with boredom, I'm hoping that this might be the cure I've been dreaming of.
Yes, you read correctly, I am on uni holidays. That would make me a uni student. (Proud much?) Yes, the 16 odd months break from "Strawberries and Suncream"means that a whole heap of change has occurred without  my documentation. How fascinating would it have been for you to witness and laugh at the high-school-drop-out going back into study mode after 5 years of full time, mind-numbing retail. Yeah, you missed out on a lot of laughs. Or did you? Now that the dreaded first year is over, I now own a precious gift: hindsight. We know this already, right? Things are way funnier looking back at them. Or maybe you just "had to be there."
Try using your imagination, and laugh anyway. 
Hindsight 2011 #1: First day of uni. Being on my Ls meant that I had to catch public transport to uni. 2.5 hours later (as if this isn't already hilarious!), there are countless ways that I embarrassed myself and that others embarrassed themselves. One girl tried to make friends with me by saying "How IZ YOUUU?"... We are not friends in case you were wondering how that turned out.. And who could forget the classic moment when it's half way through the class and you realise you're in the wrong room. Not to mention the time you slip on the wet brick pathway and flash the outdoor smoking section and the entire left hand side of the library your least flattering pair of underpants. Or being so nervous for a presentation that you stutter the first 2 minutes of it, panic because you've got another 18 minutes to go, and BAM! GET A HIGH DISTINCTION BABY! (I seriously don't even know how I did that...)
I propose that this year will be a year to laugh at yourself, regardless of how awful it may be at the time. Or laugh that it's not happening to you. Or laugh because it is happening to you! Just think, "this will make for a great story".
There shall be more instalments to come of "Hindsight 2011" as I remember them. But let's not dwell on the past.. I have my 2nd year of uni coming up!


1 comment:

  1. I have spent the better part of this afternoon stalking your 2010 self, and having a wondrous time. I look forward to future hindsight reflections, photos and funny recollections :)

    ReplyDelete