Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pre travel blues

There have been a lot of complications and delays with receiving my Nigerian visa. The consulate is in Canberra and they also have my passport. Even though I paid for a 3 business day service and an overnight courier weeks and weeks ago, it still has not arrived. After numerous phone calls, emails and being consistently told to stop calling, I'm feeling extremely taken advantage of and really just down in the dumps. 
I've since cancelled my Monday morning flight to Bangkok and now I'm playing the waiting game until my passport arrives and I can book another flight to Thailand. 
There are so many sucky parts about this. The big deal is that Jana has the first few days of my visit off work and would have been prime time to catch up and enjoy each other's company without the thought of work luring in the backs of our minds. I'm only in Thailand for 2 weeks, as opposed to the whole month I'll be spending in each of the other continents. 
Jana is understandably devastated, as am I, about the whole situation and we are trying desperately just to hold it together. Admittedly, I have lost it on a couple of occasions, and because my passport is still not in my hand the day before I was supposed to fly out, I am almost certain that I can only hold it together for so much longer. 
Amidst this, God has shown that he has not left me stranded. A beautiful couple from bible study have just handed me $200 towards a new flight and spoke the same words my mum did when trying to calm me down; that God has a good reason for not giving me my visa/passport on time. I may never know why, but I just need to trust that He is good. I have been saying Psalm 23 over and over in my head from last week's church service. "The Lord is my shepherd, I have everything I need. He makes me rest in His pastures. He restores my soul." 
And another beaut little detail is that tonight's sermon is on God's perfect timing. 
This should be good. 

1 comment: