Sunday, August 30, 2015

School with Teacher Jana

I got to go to school with Jana on Thursday and Friday and help out. What an experience! She works at an international school that caters for students between 2-7 years old. She has a nursery class, not too dissimilar from Australian preschool, which educates and develops children between 2 and 3 years old. When we were waiting for all of the students to arrive on the first day of the school year, I was able to look around the sweet school grounds and observe the children playing and interacting with one another. My ovaries were bursting with joy at the sight of these beautiful small children. So sweet, so many nationalities and so many I could take home with me. When we finally got all of our class upstairs and taken their shoes off, we were trying to distract the criers with play dough and the play kitchen. I was getting right in among it all, eating all of the delicious pretend food that was being made on the play kitchen stove. Before long, I had a massive line of children, taking turns to feed me their pretend food. It was so adorable to see that each child had something different. For one, it was hot corn ("Hot, hot, need to blow"), for another, it was eggs ("Shake shake shake some salt, yummy!"), for another it was popcorn-  It was all a real delight. 

I tried to take as many pictures to capture the day, but it was just too enjoyable to be in it to be behind the camera too much. 










 



No comments:

Post a Comment