Monday, September 21, 2015

African apparel

I really wish I brought more clothes to wear. I seem to be wearing the same thing every day. Tomorrow I am picking up the clothes I am getting made, which is very exciting. I've got some wide leg pants, 2 maxi dresses and a midi dress. Surprisingly most of the fabrics I chose are blue tones. I don't know why this is. I've never been a huge fan of blues but I've really gravitated towards them since being away. 

The colours of Africa at the moment are orange and green, because that's what I see everywhere I look. Orange dirt and green trees. These also happen to be my favourite colours together so I feel very much in my element here. Naturally, I chose an orange and green fabric to make one of my maxi dresses with. 

Update:
My clothes are made and I am thrilled! I now have 4 new teachers' outfits which are the most comfortable things to wear. I even got headbands made in the same fabric as my dresses. I'm just waiting until I get my hair braided before I take pictures wearing them. 

Updated update: 
Photos are in. 

Mum, here is the dress we got made for you. It is quite lovely so you might not get it after all ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment