Saturday, September 26, 2015

Jummai



She smiles while she cooks, hums while she works and sings as she mops. 

She makes spring roll wrappers by hand- literally by hand- on the stove; Spreading the batter and peeling the pancake from the pan with her bare hands. 

She makes fresh cinnamon rolls for us to have for breakfast

She greets me with a warm hug every morning when she arrives. 

She tried passionfruit for the first time the other day and loved it. 

Every time I think about saying goodbye to her, I burst into tears. I wish I could bring her home with me and give her everything she and her family needs. I feel so useless in this corrupt world. Why are there multi billionaires in this country (and every other country) and people going without essentials at the same time? And what on earth am I doing with my life to change any of that? I'm overwhelmed with harsh life realities and lack of direction. 

The Lord is my shepherd. I have everything I need. 









No comments:

Post a Comment