Saturday, December 15, 2012

Japanland

Arrived safely in Japan.
Shane and I were extremely fortunate to score emergency exit seats so the leg room was phenomenal! Loved being able to stretch out. The only real discomfort of the 10 hour flight was some ear troubles when landing.

Before even landing in Japan, I had already decided that I love the country because everyone is just so friendly. I have been practising saying Gozaimasu after every phrase, in my attempt to appear equally as polite as everyone else!

Jana`s departing gift to me was a series of letters which have specific reading dates, starting with: On the aeroplane. Sort of like P.S. I Love You (no doubt that`s where the idea stemmed from) but slightly less morbid. I love things like this.. it`s so thoughtful! I now have some nearby love on my travels whenever I need it most, especially when Shane goes home. I am so excited for Christmas so I can open my next letter (among other things)!!

Upon arriving in Japan, I did become a bit frazzled, so I had a few little moments. I am so so glad I have Shane with me for this leg of the trip. I just don`t think I would have made it tonight! We did however, have an argument over which colour one of our bags was as they were coming around the belt for the third time (He`s colourblind, but still was not convinced that I was right!) We got the bag in the end, and made a note for next time: PURPLE with yellow ribbons. We also got lost trying to catch the trains. Once we finally made it to our hotel, we spent the good part of 20 minutes trying to count out yen to pay the poor guy.

After dumping our bags in our incredibly TINY living space, we went for a walk to find dinner (at 8pm). Looking and smelling all of the amazing foods along the way, we ended up at McDonalds and through the confusion of it all, accidentally ordered 15 nuggets and a cheeseburger between the two of us. Struggled to fit it all in, what I really wanted was a drink!!

Anyway, loads to do in the next 5 days that we are here, so I might do another update when I get a spare min!

Well that is news of safe arrival, so hopefully that will tie you over until the next installment.

Sending Japanese love back home...

1 comment:

  1. Hahah sounds like our Japanese experience. Trouble with trains, looked for some traditional Japanese food and ended up at McDonalds :) Although she saw me coming and just whipped out a laminated menu for me to point to :)

    ReplyDelete