Sunday, February 3, 2013

An amazing day.

After an 11 hour sleep, I am in a much better mood. I woke up to find half of the room packed up and about to leave (the Brazilian girls I met last night are now gone) and the other half of the rooms occupants were still asleep.

By the time I got back from my shower, they were awake and I got to meet Anna and Matilda, English speaking Danish girls who just arrived from Buenos Aires last night as well. They must have arrived soon after I fell asleep because they weren't there when went to bed at 11:30pm.

We made arrangements to go to the beach and headed to the supermarket to buy breakfast and a padlock each for our valuables.
When we got back to the hostel it was so good to feast on fresh bread, local cheese, blueberry preserve, tubs of yoghurt and watermelon sour ropes. Afterwards we headed to the beach and enjoyed the warm water and the soft sand. Oh it was a glorious feeling to be back in the ocean. Ohhhhh I had missed it so much!! It was really overcast and black shadows scared most of the beach-goers away. This suited me just fine! It was still so hot and there was a perfect amount of wind. This was a bit too cold for the girls (maybe I'm just hot because I have a fever?) so we went back to the hostel, where it was much warmer, and we braved the pool (except not putting our heads under for fear of getting a disease). We then soaked up the sun, eating the remainder of the supermarket bread teamed with the single serve sachets of butter and cheese spread stolen from my last hostel (with the help of my trusty pocket knife i bought from Lowes) and sipped on caprioskas until the sun set while Pearl Jam and Bob Marley played in the background...

I am so happy in this place and it really feels like a holiday away from the holiday. I love this. Company is the best! I also have plans to meet up with the girls once I get back to buenos aires for my last few nights before flying back to Sydney. Wow. To say that seems so close! It's less than three weeks away!! Quick! Get your adventure on!!!

So content right now. Yes, I say this with a few caprioskas under my belt, but what a beautiful thing it is to travel and to meet people and enjoy life together.

Indeed, Mathilde actually has a fresh tattoo upon her skin saying "live". How important this is. What a privilege this is. And in Punte del Este, by the pool, in the sunshine (and candle-lit moonlight), with amazing company.. Hallelujah.










No comments:

Post a Comment