Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cena para uno, por favor!

Tonight I asked for a table for one (yes for the second night in a row!) at a pizzeria a few blocks down the road. Not only did I ask for an English menu (and yipee! They had one!), but I was able to have a brief conversation to the waiter about where I'm from. You don't sound impressed...?
It was all in SPANISH!! Hah!

I poured over my Lonely Planet book of Argentina while I had my bruschetta pizza and Sprite, looking into what other adventures I can take myself on.

Walking home on the cobbled stone streets, I was practically SKIPPING with joy and actually had a laugh-out-loud moment because this whole experience is just surreal.

(Talk about a shift in mood! Take a look at my Whinge Fest blog post, barely 2 days ago!)

I am in Argentina (?!?!?) alone (...) and speaking in Spanish to the locals (!!!!) while I plan a spontaneous trip around the country(..!!) I must have looked drunk or something, laughing and half running, half stumbling down the road... and the thought of watching myself from the outside just made me laugh even harder.

What a great time to be alive.
What a great time to be me.

Hallelujah.




No comments:

Post a Comment