Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day one of being alone.

After moping about and watching the food Chanel for hours on end, I finally got dressed and left the hostel room, with the intention of finding something to eat somewhere (1:30 ish pm).

I needed to catch the subway and suddenly remembered that my metro pass was in my red jeans, which were at that time packed in Shane's luggage on the way to Hong Kong. I asked at the ticket booth if there was such a thing as a single day pass. He said no, only 7 day or 30 day passes were available. So I purchased another 7 day ticket (even though I'm only here for 2 more days).

Without knowing where I was going, I ended up in Times Square, looking at all the girly shops and taking my sweet time- knowing that the longer I was out, the sooner I could go to sleep when I got home.

I went to the Mac store and asked for help finding a suitable shade of lipstick. I ended up getting a mini-makeover by a guy wearing sheer black stockings under some leather short shorts.. Anyway, the guy made me look and feel so good, I spent $70 and got 4 times as much as what I would get at Mac in Australia. Pleased with myself, I went to other girly shops and bought some 2 pair of sunnies, a sleeveless flowy top (keen for the next leg of the trip- sunny Florida!) and some other accessories. And after all that exhaustion, I stopped by to get my nails done before heading home. (Side note: best manicure I've ever had! Chose from the WALL of O.P.I nail polishes, paid $10 and had all the usual painful cuticle stuff, but FAST, then time slowed down for a hand massage that was just heavenly, and compliments from all the staff on my polish selection and finally, a back massage while my nails were under the dryer. The 2 ladies that tended to me received a great tip!)

Well after all that, I got home at 5:30pm (Isn't it bedtime yet?) to an empty room. Sad. But comfort comes in doses from the best mate and family in whatsapp messages. And when Friends comes on the TV, everything is fine.

Currently watching An Affair to Remember (which involves my favourite all time first-kiss-scene) and the Empire State Building (what Sleepless in Seattle was based on). Oh I love this movie. Another girly part to the day. There will be tears.

Let me know when you're home babe so I can sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment